Propane Summer Safety Tips
Summer is a time you try to think a little less about your propane tank. But you still need to practice caution during the warm summer months. Please follow these important summer propane safety tips:
- Do not place a burn barrel or fire pit near your propane tank!
- When mowing, keep at least 3 feet away from the propane tank. Use a weed trimmer around the tank.
- Do not chain an animal to the tank.
- Keep trees and branches trimmed around tank and driveways.
Don’t forget the summer is a great time to buy propane. Ask us about our Budget Payment Plan.
How to Grill Safely
Propane grills make outdoor cooking as easy as enjoyable. Keep the mood light and the good times rolling with these few propane grilling safety tips:
- Follow the grill manufacturer’s instructions. Make the manual your go-to resource!
- Position the grill in a safe location. Keep it level and clear of flammables (including overhangs and outdoor furniture).
- Check for leaks. Check at the beginning of the season and every time you hook up a new tank.
- Follow the manufacturer’s proper lighting procedures. Follow the manufacturer’s lighting instructions, and with all grill models, keep the lid open and don’t lean over the grill when lighting it.
- Follow proper relighting procedures. Turn off the gas and refer to your owner’s manual. Keep the lid open and wait at least 15 minutes before relighting.
- Stay with the grill. Never leave your grill unattended.
More Safety Tips at PropaneComfort.com.
Propane Safety and Winter Storms Depending on where you live, freezing rain, ice storms, heavy snow and near-blinding blizzards may all be part of winter.
Propane Summer Safety Tips Summer is a time you try to think a little less about your propane tank. But you still need to practice
What Is the Best Temperature to Set Heat to in the Winter?
Best Heater Temperature in Winter to Save Money Winter is the time of year when many homeowners are most inclined to raise their thermostats to
How is Propane Priced?
Propane Pricing Because propane is a byproduct of natural gas processing and sometimes crude oil refining, the price of propane falls between those two commodities. Seasonal
Tips for Staying Warm Winter weather will still be around for at least awhile, so there’s still time to save money on your heating bills.